The processing time for each visa application varies depending on the type of visa and the complexity of the documents. The regular processing time is two weeks.
Please make sure to plan in advance for your submission to ensure your timely departure.
Forgery and Fraudulent Documents
Please be aware that any action of forgery or falsification of any visa application supporting document will be treated with the maximum severity by the ROK Embassy and by the Immigration Offices in Korea. Forgery is considered an illegal act by the Government of Korea.
Examples of Illegal Acts include:
• Falsify the ownership of a social insurance certificate;
• Falsify the ownership of a tax certificate;
• Falsify the purpose of the visa pretending to be a student;
• Falsify the marriage certificate with a multiple entry visa owner to request a multiple entry visa;
• Pay a person who is somehow connected with the Embassy to obtain a visa.
Please note that the ROK Embassy in Berlin verifies every document submitted for visa application.
Note that all students must provide the highest education degree certificate and the transcript certificate in original and in copy. The original will be submitted to the KVAC and returned to the applicant after the document completeness check.
Please find below the eligibility criteria for all D-2 visa types:
Please find below the eligibility criteria for Language Training (D-4-1) visa applicants:
Important Notes for completing the Visa Application Form
• The Visa Application Form must be filled in English or Korean with black ink pen. Application Forms filled in any other language will not be accepted.
• The Visa Application Form must be printed on A4 format and in single page. Applicants with duplex printed form will be requested to fill a new Form at the KVAC premises.
• In case of Confirmation of Visa Issuance, the number of the confirmation received by the ROK Immigration Office must be noted on the Visa Application Form for Confirmation of Visa Issuance (Form no. 21) and a copy of the Confirmation of Visa Issuance Certificate must be provided along with the supporting documents.
• All documents in any language different than English must be translated in Korean language, with the exception of the social security certificate and the bank statements.
• In case of interview, IOM KVAC will contact the applicant by phone to schedule the appointment and communicate the process.
• All documents issued in Korea and submitted must be issued less than three months before the visa application.
• The ROK Embassy in Berlin can, at any time, require the applicant for additional documents or an interview. The applicant will be notified by IOM KVAC.
• The passport must be submitted in original with additional two photocopies. The validity of the passport must be at least 6 months from the date of the visa application submission at the IOM KVAC.
• The picture must meet the requirements of the ROK Ministry of Justice: not older than 6 months from the date of the visa application submission at the IOM KVAC, 3.5X4.5 cm, white background, straight looking, no sunglasses or reflex, ears and eyes well visible. Note that the ROK authorized agencies, the IOM KVAC, and the ROK Embassy have the right to request you to take a new picture.
Notes for the Duration of Visas
Please read carefully the below table for the duration of your visa.
Note that all visa types under “Long-Term Visa Types” must be converted into a residence permit at the arrival in the Republic of Korea, at the local Immigration Office.